‘Looking after someone’ is divided into the following sections: getting help and support, your finances and your work.
This edition includes A Carer’s Guide, an illustrated introduction to the challenges of caring, from making difficult decisions to looking after your health and wellbeing.
The guide covers:
- Benefits: an overview of which benefits you or the person you can for may be entitled to and information about how to get a benefits check.
- Other financial help: including help with council tax, fuel costs, pensions and health costs.
- Practical help: including community care assessment, carer’s assessment and direct payments.
- Technology: information about health and care technology that could make life easier for you and the person you care for.
- Your workplace: your rights at work, from flexible working and parental leave to protection from discrimination.
- Other help: how to find other help nationally and in your local community.
- A Carers Guide: an illustrated introduction to the challenges of caring, from making difficult decisions to looking after your health and wellbeing.
To download this booklet visit the Leaflet page or for more information visit:-