A two day course facilitated by the PAMIS Bereavement and Loss Project Team which will enable you to better support people with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) through the grieving process and better support parents who have been long term carers for people with PMLD.
Includes the Bereavement and Loss Learning Resource Pack – 2014 Winner of the Linda McEnhill Award in the category: new development or innovation in care / excellence in overall end of life support for people with learning disabilities
Course participants will:
- gain an understanding of how bereavement and loss affects
- people with PMLD
- gain an understanding of how bereavement and loss affects family
- have increased understanding of carers who have cared for a person with PMLD
- feel more confident in working with people who have experienced bereavement and loss
- have more knowledge of the theories of bereavement and loss
- develop practical skills to work with people who have experienced bereavement and loss
This course is highly participative and will have a mix of tutor input and experiential learning.
Participants will have opportunities to be involved in reflective practice which can be used for CPD
purposes – i.e. SVQ, HNC, PRTL, CLPLO and post-grad. This course will count as 12 hours CPD time.
Course evaluation will be undertaken with the use of pre- and post-course questionnaires.
Dates: 8/5/18 & 15/5/18
10.00 – 17.00 both days
**Please note: Attendance required for both sessions on May 8th and May 15th, 2018**
Location: PAMIS Head Office
University of Dundee.
Cost is £180 per person (plus booking fee)
To book please click here https://pamisbereavementandloss.eventbrite.co.uk
If you have any questions about this course please contact my colleague Brenda Garrard at email@example.com